Looking for a book like Practical Magic (the film version)
Recommend me some books that feel like Practical Magic the movie, if you would! Maybe a New England or Southern setting, maybe a remarkable rambling house; probably some strong, or at least well-developed, female characters; the sort of fantasy and magic that makes you want to light candles and plant lavender for luck: maybe not all fluff, but certainly a bit idealized, maybe something like you wish Wicca could actually be; perhaps a little light and funny and feel-good, but maybe a bit incisive or irreverent or dark to balance that out.
I have read Practical Magic the book, but it didn't quite work out for meperhaps because it was a bit bitter, perhaps because I just have a bias towards the film version. However, I realize that Alice Hoffman's other novels might satisfy this witchy-woman book craving. Is there an ideal place to start with her work, or a specific book that would best fit my qualifications?
Many thanks.
I have read Practical Magic the book, but it didn't quite work out for meperhaps because it was a bit bitter, perhaps because I just have a bias towards the film version. However, I realize that Alice Hoffman's other novels might satisfy this witchy-woman book craving. Is there an ideal place to start with her work, or a specific book that would best fit my qualifications?
Many thanks.
