temporaryworlds wrote in bookish 😴sleepy

Listens: watching Red Sox

Fantasy books?

Hi! I'm looking for some fantasy recommendations. I am specifically looking for:

-fantasy books set in a more traditional medieval setting- Although not necessarily to the extent of a Tolkien-esque dwarves/elves/hobbits searching for a magical object type story. I'm not really looking for a modern day setting.
-At the most a strong female protagonist. At the least, female characters that do more than sit around and whine.
-A moderate length. A 300-500 pager is good for me. A 900 pager is a bit too much.
-Preferably not part of a never ending series. Trilogies and quartets are fine. Stand alones are preferred.
-Both Young Adult and Adult books are welcome.

Any recommendations? Authors I've already enjoyed are Tamora Pierce, Robin McKinley, Dawn Cook, Jacqueline Carey, Kristen Cashore, Maria Snyder, Garth Nix, Kristen Britain, Shannon Hale and Lynn Flewelling.

Thank you in advance!