If you were asked to recommend a few books (ANY TYPE OF BOOKS)what would the first 3-5 be that you could think of?
Remember these are the 1st 3-5 books that come to mind when asked this question... then if you want you can add others that didn't instantly come to mind but you definitely would recommend. :)
Also, if you want to give reasons as to why you picked those particular books- feel free.
1. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
2. Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
3. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
4. Twilight - Stephenie Meyer
5. The Poison Study - Maria Snyder
Why these books?
1. Recently finished this book, which is why it's on my mind. It's an interesting YAL book about a girl (16 I believe), in the future, who is chosen to go into "the hunger game." One male and one female from each "district" have to go in. What's the game? Fight to the death. Last one standing wins. It's like a combination of the short stories "The Lottery" and "The Most Dangerous Game" along with a few movies I saw. It's a book that will keep reluctant readers reading.
2. I really love this book. I read it with my book club. It's a good thing it was picked because if it wasn't, I probably wouldn't have read it. It just didn't seem like something I'd be interested in. Now I recommend it all the time.
3. I'll be truthful with this one... I actually didn't read it until the movie came out- the one with Keira Knightly. I tried to read it before, but actually found it hard because of the language. Once I saw the movie, and fell in love with the story, I tried it again and was able to read it. I've read it a few more times because I just love the story.
4. Twilight... many of you will "Booo" me for this one, but I must say I really enjoyed it. I read it before it became "popular." I just really loved the characters. Again, it's another book I didn't think I'd like because of the topic of vampires... I must admit I've read it at least 20 times. I just love the love story of it all. I've read the entire series and like to think the last book, Breaking Dawn, does not exist. I hated it.
5. I really liked this book. So much that I went right out and bought the others in the series. It was actually recommended a few times in the book communities I'm in, so I figured I'd try it out.. it's about a girl who is supposed to be put to death, but instead she's chosen to become the king's (I think it was the king...) food tester (to make sure there is no poison in the food.) It's a great series.