1) How long have you been a member of bookish?
2 minutes or so, I've been eyeing the community for a week or so though.
2) Where do you live? (No need to be specific - country and state or province is plenty.)
Toronto, ONT, Canada
3) How old are you?
Turning 20 in a week and a bit
4) What's your favorite book of all time? Favorite author?
I can't pick a favourite >:[. I'm a huge Neil Gaiman fangirl though.
5) Are there any genres that you love or hate?
Good old fiction, fantasy fiction, comedy, some cyberpunk, horror, a bit of mystery here and there.
I'm not a big fan of sci-fi or fantasy (the classic dragons and orcs kind) but I am pretty open-minded.
6) Do you usually get books from a bookstore, from a library, from friends, online, or some other way?
Book stores or I borrow them from fellow nerds.
7) Any book recommendations you're looking for or want to give us right now?
I was in this little bookstore near my work the other day and couldn't find ANYTHING I wanted to read so I just reached for the first book I found and bought it. It's called The Love Curse of the Rumbaughs by Jack Gantos and it's a fast, creepy, good read.
I'll make a post about it soon but I'd like some recommendations for books that will make me go "WHAT IN THE FUCK?" when I'm done. Eerie, spooky, scary, bloody, mind-bending horror books. The more sex and violence, the better.
8) Do you interact with books in any way other than reading them? (Write, edit, study, make book art?)
I used to write but not much anymore.
9) Is there anyone that encouraged your love of reading when you were younger? How did they do it?
My dad, by refusing to buy me video game consoles and assuring me that reading will be more beneficial in the future.
10) How have your reading tastes changed in the past five years?
Five years ago all I would read would be mangas and comic books. I'm kind of over pictures now.
11) Anything else you want to tell us so we can get to know you better?
Sure. My name is Anya, I'm 19, live in the downtown part of Toronto with my boyfriend and my cat. By profession I'm a hairstylist, specifically a colour technician. I've always been a reader, but lately I've become an avid one - especially since I got rid of my TV. What else can I tell you? I secretly enjoyed the Twilight series just like all of you guys, even though I think Stephenie Meyer can't write her way out of a wet paper bag.
Anything else? Oh, Lord of the Rings is my kryptonite. My attention span is far too short and trying to read or watch the series makes me twitch and cry uncontrollably until I escape.
That is all, ta :)