Accomplishing...
Hello! This is my first post *I think* to this community. I'm looking for some book recommendations. I've got 12 pages left in Ian McEwan's Atonement and I am in desperate need of new books to read.
Unfortunately, I have no idea who or what exactly I'm looking for. I know I want to read a book where I get attached to the characters, and at the end feel like I've accomplished something, if you know what I mean.
Some criteria: I don't like fantasy much, to some extent I do, just not vampires and werewolves and stuff. I'm not looking for scary or politically correct/incorrectness. Also, I'd like something with an entirely different style of writing than McEwan's. ^_^
Any recommendations are highly highly appreciated!!! Thank you!
Unfortunately, I have no idea who or what exactly I'm looking for. I know I want to read a book where I get attached to the characters, and at the end feel like I've accomplished something, if you know what I mean.
Some criteria: I don't like fantasy much, to some extent I do, just not vampires and werewolves and stuff. I'm not looking for scary or politically correct/incorrectness. Also, I'd like something with an entirely different style of writing than McEwan's. ^_^
Any recommendations are highly highly appreciated!!! Thank you!
